Sunday, May 29, 2011

Kids planning their gardens

We had brunch at one of the local nursery cafes this morning, and as usual we had the wander around, dreaming of plants afterwards. In order to do this (and to encourage my littlies' green thumbs) my children have their 'job' of finding two things for the garden each - an ornamental and an edible.

My boy, who has just turned 3, picked up two plants almost straight away, a pansy and a strawberry. We have lots if pansies and strawberries already, but he could not be persuaded otherwise. I gave myself a little pat on the back that he could correctly identify the plants without tags on them.

My girl, well! She is older at four and a half and is developing a sense of value and compromise. She picked up different pots and put them back, she considered what she liked and changed her mind. Eventually she settled on a punnet of stock seedlings and a packet of pea seeds.

So here I sit, still in the garden after two happy children planted their purchases. What a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment