Sunday, March 25, 2012

Gardening is good

We spent this weekend camping with friends. It was fun and exciting and chaos all at once. The real purpose was for a 24 hour mountain bike race. But as a support crew member, it was not quite so physically draining for me. I got to enjoy some time with my lovely friends and cheer on my husband and children in their races. None the less, when I got home I was exhausted and my husband had a much needed nap. My children happily went for some garden/water play with my mum and I had a little while to rest...

Despite being tired, having washing to do and bags to unpack, there was something much more urgently in need of my attention. Ok, maybe it wasn't really urgent. But I desperately needed my garden time.

With the glorious afternoon Autumn sun shining on me I weeded, pruned and harvested. Gardening makes me feel so good.

The slow cooker is now simmering with tomatoes to bottle, there are huge carrots stacked in the fridge, my garden is looking neater and there are assorted seeds clinging to my merino top. I feel both enlivened and exhausted, and I'll surely sleep well tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment