Friday, June 24, 2011

Biodome dreams

I would LOVE a biodome greenhouse. I like the way they look and what can be created in the space. I would grow plants as well as seedlings, I could extend growing seasons by months and not just a few weeks. It would be a living space as well as a growing space, where we could relax and enjoy meals.

But, in reality I know it is not really an option. The cost and the space as two big issues that prohibit my biodome dreams becoming reality.

So I need to make the best of what I have. This week I rearranged my polycarbonate greenhouse, moving shelving and making decisions about what plants are to be in there. The big change though, is the new little 3 piece table and chair setting. I now have enough room (just) to sit and enjoy the peace and possibility that a greenhouse can offer. I could probably even enjoy afternoon tea, but the real estate is in high demand with only seating for two.

There are some things that we need to compromise on in life. I think this is a good mid way point because I can already tell how much I will enjoy my new space. But I still have my far off biodome dreams...

No comments:

Post a Comment