Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Thinking of winter already?

It is a beautiful day here. The sun is shining, the bees are buzzing and the birds are joining in a chorus. I have had a few things stressing me lately, so a dose of gardening was well in order.

Flicking through my seed box, I realised that it is actually time I started thinking about Winter. Seriously? I hear you question. But we are finally having some nice weather...

Alas, it is only days away from Autumn. While the soil is warm and the rain is frequent, now is actually a perfect time to start thinking about Winter crops.

Today I started with another sowing of carrots and onions (I love growing them year round), as well as some beetroot and romanesco broccoli. Next on my list is swedes and parsnips and although I haven't had much success with kohl rabi in previous years, I think I'll give it another go.

But now, I can still enjoy the sunshine and a morning coffee in my garden. What a lovely way to relax and unwind.

No comments:

Post a Comment