Wednesday, April 18, 2012

School holidays mean lazy mornings and pj-gardening

Just as my body has recovered from a week of gardening and renovating at places other than my home, the rain is upon us and a good day in the garden with my littlies seems unlikely.

School holidays started here this week and as I'm now the proud parent of a school aged child this is quite significant. I am a primary school teacher and I did work full time in schools before I had my children. So you could say that the concept of school holidays is not new to me. But with the juggle of school, after school activities, my teaching jobs, my husband's work and our other interests and passions, having my daughter off school for two weeks is significant.

I still have work to do, as does my husband, so there is a bit of juggling. But much less than usual. We're getting to slow things down and enjoying it.

I was really looking forward to a lot of pyjama-gardening, but unless the rain clears or it gets warmer outside I don't think we'll all be out there much. Cold and wet children get miserable quite quickly so it's not really worth it.

While we are waiting for the right moments to venture out I can let my body rest a little more and enjoy spending more time with my little ones. Quite perfect, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment