Friday, August 5, 2011

I am tempted...

This weather is so delicious. I can almost taste a summer harvest as I laze in the warm rays. The trickery of this Winter warmth has made me want to start my summer plantings.

There are so many new seeds in my box that I am looking forward to planting, seeing the growth of different plants and then, finally tasting the produce. But it is just a tease. Soon the weather will be cool again, the mornings frosted and crisp.

The warmth has been a timely reminder that the bleak cold days and slow growth does cease. Not long ago I bought some seedlings. (gasp!) At this time of year, germination takes much longer than in the warmer months, even for over-wintering veg. This warm spell has reminded me that it won't be long until my children and I can get out the seed trays again and get sowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment