Thursday, May 10, 2012

A lasting impression

We have pre-service teachers at my school at the moment which is great for building the profession and inspiring future teachers in their careers as educators. Having finished my Master degree last year, work/study/home life management is still pretty fresh in my mind.

I was talking to one of our mature aged pre-service teachers about all of the juggling that we do. I mentioned my garden and shared patch and a spark of recognition came across her face.

It turns out that her family came to our house when it was open for the sustainable house open day last year. Apparently her husband still talks about things that we have done with our house! That gave me (and my husband when I told him) a little glow of pride. It feels good that the sustainability of our home has made a lasting impression on someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment