Saturday, April 27, 2013

Popcorn

I am loving snacking on popcorn at the moment. Whether it be plain air popped, buttered or caramel, I love it.

My mum borrowed my air-popper a few days ago to make a batch of caramel popcorn to take into work and today here I am with a hankering for popcorn. I could pull out a pan and some oil, but I thought I'd have a go at popping regular popcorn in the microwave. Surely all the microwave popcorn manufactures do is put corn kernels and artificial colours and flavours in a bag a seal it, right?

Well I tried 1/4 cup of corn kernels in a brown paper lunch back with the opening folded over in the microwave for 1 minute 45 seconds (the time a small 'snack' microwave popcorn bag suggests for our 1100 W microwave).

It worked beautifully! This photo was taken after my littles had already started munching away, so the bag doesn't look very full, however the 1/4 cup of kernels filled the sealed bag perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment